Family Law – Divorce, Child Custody And More
At The Law Office of Robert Black in Platte City, Missouri residents find an empathetic, experienced attorney ready to provide personalized advice and advocacy in family law matters throughout Platte and Clay counties and beyond. The firm handles a full array of family law services, including:
- Divorce: Whether your Missouri divorce is amicable and uncontested or high-conflict, Platte County family law attorney Robert Black has valuable insights based on years of experience in family law.
- Custody and support of children: Your child custody or support case may be part of a divorce or may be a stand-alone legal matter if you and the child’s other parent are not married to each other.
- Modifying custody and support: You may seek a family law court’s permission to move with your child out of town or out of state. It may be time to modify the parenting plan or support based upon changes in circumstances. Or you may seek to block the other parent from taking your child far away.
- Enforcement of custody and support orders: Contact the law firm if your child’s other parent is not adhering to terms of a court order.
- Stepparent adoptions or other private adoptions: Adoption should be, and usually is, the happiest area of family law. Platte County family law attorney Robert Black can keep the process understandable and efficient.
- Paternity actions: Whether you are a mother seeking child support or a father seeking custody rights of a child born outside of marriage, attorney Robert Black can advise you of your rights as you go through a paternity case.
- Divorce and custody mediation: Amicable divorce, child-centered custody negotiations and other family law matters such as modifications of custody and support orders can be resolved through family law mediation. The parties themselves make decisions rather than judges unfamiliar with a family’s unique circumstances.
- Parental rights, unwed parents’ rights, fathers’ rights, mothers’ rights and grandparents’ rights: Every family has unique dynamics and challenges. Whether you are approaching divorce, expecting a baby outside of marriage, seeking a modification to a custody or support order, or seeking to terminate the rights of an uninvolved or unavailable parent, The Law Office of Robert Black is prepared to inform you and represent you as a parent or grandparent, while supporting the child’s best interests.
- Guardianships: Guardianships are not established through family law courts, but often involve family relationships. Many clients of The Law Office of Robert Black find help formalizing rights of grandparents or other adults who care for children in place of parents.